Tuesday, October 26, 2004

I need some R&R. And a skateboard. Could somebody give me a skateboard please? And a big hill to skate down on. Anybody know how to be 7 years old again? Let's hang out, I've been looking for someone like you.

The older I get, the simpler my pleasures become. These days, a game of catch is all I need. You know that moment right before you catch the ball, when it's going so fast you can hear it whistle through the air, and you're 99% sure you're gonna catch it but there's still that thrilling 1% where you can't possibly know what'll happen? I live for moments like those. For the thrill. For possibility. For that 1%.

Ever wish someone would break your heart, just so you could write about the heartbreak and the melancholy, and write lines like "I'd rather be happy than right" and "Don't be gone when I get home" on the inside of your baseball glove?

Truth be told, I've written and pulled the plug on like 4 different entries already that you won't ever see. Dunno what it is, I just don't feel inspired. Though untrue, I feel like I have better things to do with my free time than writing here in my blog. Like sitting back and listening to songs about rejection and vindication and wishing I were somewhere else.

I'm often tempted to just post up song lyrics or bitch and moan about stupid shit. But I don't want this blog to turn into that kind of thing. Until I find some real inspiration, this is dan signing out.
.

No comments: